The new SANS SOC Survey published in August 2018 shows limited satisfaction with current SOC performance and the lack of a clear vision of excellence or a pathway to excellence. Download the free SANS report with over 25 eye-opening charts revealing the state of the SOC for 2018.
Some of the key takeaways :
- Lack of skilled staff is the #1 SOC shortcoming, inadequate automation/orchestration is at #2.
- Only 54% of SOCs use metrics.
- Asset discovery and inventory tool satisfaction are rated lowest of all technologies.
- Most meaningful event correlation continues to be highly manual.
- 54% of respondents do not consider their SOCs a security provider to their businesses.
- 31% of SOCs are staffed with 2–5 people, 36% of SOCS are staffed with 6 to 25 SOC personnel, while 11% had 26 to 100 SOC staff members.